Packing For Camp
Here are some suggested items to pack for your camp session!
First time campers are often not quite sure what they need or should pack for camp. It is a balancing act between not having what you need to be prepared, and bringing too much stuff! There is no end-all, be-all list of what to pack, but this list covers items that should help you think about what your camper might need.
You’ll notice some items are required (closed-toe shoes, reusable water bottle with an attachment loop) and some items are prohibited — see the DO NOT BRING section below. In order to make sure your camper is packed adequately please look at our dress code policy.
Consider the length of the camp session and check the weather forecast. Pack enough clothing and pack appropriate clothing. Clothing should be appropriate for your camper to run around, move, get sweaty, and maybe get dirty. It is nearly always way too hot for jeans/pants! Look at our dress code for more guidelines about clothing.
- A dressier outfit or two (for a dance, evening activity, or final Eucharist)
- Poncho/Rain jacket/Rain gear
- Shoes – at least 2 pair recommended
- Closed-toe shoes: You MUST bring closed-toe shoes that you’re able to run around and play games in. Boots are NOT ideal for this.
- Sandals with a back strap may be worn at appropriate times
- Flip-flops may NOT be worn outside of the cabin
- Boots are not needed
The cabin beds are twin-sized. Bedding is NOT provided by Camp Hardtner
- Fitted sheet & sleeping bag OR sheets & a blanket
- Pillow with pillow case
- Towels (for showering & for swimming)
- Other hygiene products
- Water bottle – you MUST bring a reusable water bottle with an attachment loop
- Laundry bag
- Flashlight and batteries
- Bug repellant
- White shirt/s – in case we do tie-dying
- Letter-writing items (pencil/pen, paper, envelopes, stamps)
- Card game for cabin time
- Musical instruments (maybe there will be a talent show!)
- Disposable camera/s
- Plastic bags – for wet items at end of camp
DO NOT BRING any of the following items to camp:
- Electronics – especially, but not limited to phones, tablets, and computers
- Anything that can connect to the Internet
- Expensive clothing, jewelry, or other items (it’s camp and accidents happen)
- Firearms, knives, or other weapons
- Tobacco products, alcohol, vape related products, and illegal drugs
- Money — unless you want to buy some sweet camp gear on arrival or departure day
Lost & Found
Camp Hardtner is not responsible for your camper’s items. We will do everything within reason to make sure your camper packs all items they bring to camp. Anything left behind will be kept for 2 weeks after your camper’s session. Should you contact us about lost and found items within that timeframe, we can arrange to return those items to you at your cost.