HEAD OF LOGISTICS JOB DESCRIPTION
- The Head of Logistics reports directly to the Director.
- Active Christian faith and ability to support the theological doctrine & practices of the Episcopal Church
- Passion and ability to work well with youth and adolescents
- Comfortable with building Christian community through teaching, leading, and equipping others
- Passion and ability to facilitate harmonious relationships and interactions between staff and campers
- Ability to perform potentially strenuous physical activities (running, swimming, long days in summer weather, etc.)
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Creativity and problem solving skills in all types of high-stress and fast-paced situations
- Be the primary driver of the camp vehicle offsite for town runs (purchasing supplies, transporting campers for non-emergency medical attention, etc.)
- Purchase, maintain, and organize supplies including the Canteen.
- Maintain receipts and work with Director to purchase in line with budget.
- Run check in and check out in a professional and organized way.
- Ensure cleaning supplies are available in all locations.
- Maintain cleanliness of the camp vehicle.
- Provide kitchen with accurate meal numbers and dietary needs information.
- Coordinate Camp Staff arrangements (lodging, diet requirements, etc.)
- Collect and distribute daily camper mail.
- Distribute camp t-shirts, keep inventory, re-order when needed.
- Distribute items to campers if anything forgotten at home (pillows, blankets, toiletries, etc.)
- Maintain well organized system for lost and found items and make arrangements for items to be returned.
- Mentor, pray, and care for campers who need extra support (fitting in to camp, homesickness, conflict, etc.)
- Potentially serve as a substitute cabin counselor.
- Assist with CIT training.
- Teach and mentor Counselor-In-Training participants.
- Be prepared to implement any additional work responsibilities that may be asked of you.
Desired Specific Qualifications:
- At least 18 years of age and high school graduate at time of application
- At least 1 summer of proven success as a leader on Camp Hardtner’s Permanent Staff
- Clean driving record
- Maturity required for handling hospital visits, safe driving, etc.
- Must be able to become certified in First Aid & CPR (Camp will provide class)
- Must pass a drug screen
- Must complete online child abuse awareness & prevention prior to first day of work
It is possible to make arrangements for positions to be paid internships. After you submit your application, please speak with Daniel about this possibility.