Camp Hardtner is an Episcopal Christian summer camp that holds a variety of sessions for campers entering 2nd grade through recently graduated 12th graders, including a session for campers age 9 and up with special needs.
Permanent Staff applications will remain open through the online system as follows:
Head Counselor: November 15, 2019
All others: December 15, 2019
After receiving your application, you will be contacted by the Director to make arrangements for an interview.
Employment will run from May 20 to July 19. The following dates include the dates when campers will be present and include pre-session planning. Each period begins at 9am and concludes around noon.
- Training Camp: May 20 – 27
- First Camp: May 28 – 31
- Sr. High: June 2 – 10
- Primary: June 12 – 18
- Jr. High: June 20 – 27
- Mid. High: July 1 – 8
- Camp Able: July 10 – 16
- Final PMR: July 17 – 19
- All staff receive time off of between each session. Requests for additional days off must be approved by the Director BEFORE the summer.
Salaries, Lifeguard Bonus, & Returning Staff Bonus
- Cabin Counselors: $ 1,700.00 for duration of summer; Plus room and board (a $2250 value)
- Head of Logistics: $ 1,900.00 for duration of summer; Plus room and board (a $2250 value)
- Head Counselor: $ 2,000.00 for duration of summer; Plus room and board (a $2250 value)
- Media Manager: $ 1,800.00 for duration of summer; Possible for this person to live in the area. Room and board negotiable.
*Individuals with Lifeguard/Waterfront certification will receive an additional $100 for the summer.
*Staff returning for a 3rd (or more) consecutive summer will receive an additional $100 for each consecutive year they have served on staff.
It is possible to make arrangements for positions to be paid internships. After you submit your application, please speak with Daniel about this possibility.
Description of Responsibilities
Broadly speaking, the primary job of all Permanent Staff members is threefold:
- Engaging with youth and adolescents in safe, positive, effective, and age-appropriate ways.
- Working effectively and respectfully with the other members of the staff and volunteers.
- Creating and facilitating experiences of or encounters with God.
- Active Christian faith and ability to support the theological doctrine & practices of the Episcopal Church
- Passion and ability to work well with youth and adolescents
- Comfortable with building Christian community through teaching, leading, and equipping others
- Passion and ability to facilitate harmonious relationships and interactions between staff and campers
- Ability to perform potentially strenuous physical activities (running, swimming, long days in summer weather, etc.)
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Creativity and problem solving skills in all types of high-stress and fast-paced situations
If you have any questions about the job requirements, application process, or experience, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Director – Camp Hardtner
[email protected], 318-765-3794