Camp Hardtner’s History
Camp Hardtner Camp & Conference Center began when in 1941, a 40-acre site near Pollock was given to the Diocese of Louisiana by Mr. Q. T. Hardtner. He was a communicant of St. James Church in Alexandria. With the funds raised in the Victory Fund Campaign following World War II, forty additional acres were bought. The construction began immediately and the first summer camp took place in 1948.
Click on the links below for a detailed personal history of Camp Hardtner.